Instagram is changing the game…again! It feels like only a week or so that they changed their algorithm and now they’re back at it again. It can get incredibly annoying for those of us who are trying to run a small business like being an escort. Luckily we have the scoop so that you can start to plan your content in line with all the new happenings. Here are some tips to keep your posts as visible as possible, despite the new algorithm.
- Put your hashtags in your caption, not in a separate comment. One of the changes means that if your hashtags are in a comment, they will not show up when searched on the explore tab.
- Swop over to a business account. If you haven’t done this yet, do it NOW! There are rumors circulating that content from brands who do not have a business account will not be seen as much as those who do. Plus, by having a business account, you have access to a whole
bunch of statistics and analytics which helps you get pro at the Instagram game.
- If you are in a pod, get out now. An Instagram pod is where a group of influencers from a similar niche band together; they comment and like each others posts so that they get boosted and seen by more people. Now while this is great in theory, it’s a big no no from Instagram and will get you shadow banned.
- Get engaging with your followers. If people comment on your photo, respond, and if possible, do it within and hour. Anything after this will result in your post getting fewer and fewer views.
- Comment properly. It’s also really important to engage with other accounts. But, what’s even more important is to not leave spammy comments. Something like “Nice job!” or a bunch of emojis is seen as spam by Instagram and will result in the app not showing your posts as
much as it would if you leave thought out and relevant comments.
Armed with these tips, the new algorithm should have a minimal effect on your account. The real key here is to engage as much as possible and to stay authentic, which is something that we should all strive for anyway.